- 24,000 new words of fiction written this month. 1
- 30,000 words of workshop critique written this month 2
- 19 first drafts currently in progress (some untouched for a long time)
- 3 first drafts currently "ripening" before second draft.
- 2 second drafts currently in progress
- 0 second draft currently in the hands of "trusted readers."
- 4 third drafts currently in progress.
- 0 third drafts currently awaiting polishing.
- 0 fourth drafts in currently in progress.
- 1 rewrite (at request of editor) currently in progress.
- 8 stories currently submitted to markets
- 1,400 words in shortest story currently submitted.
- 8,700 words in longest story currently submitted.
- 0 offers of publication received this month.
- Longest current wait without response: 437 days.
1 Biggest month yet. Of course it's all due to the one-story-per-week pace of the Clarion Workshop.
2 So, if you add the new fiction writing to the critique writing, I've actually produced 54,000 words this month -- excluding all of the in-class fiction writing exercises, of course.