Here are my monthly stats for November:
- 9,900 new words of fiction written this month. 1
- 17 first drafts currently in progress. 2
- 0 first drafts currently "ripening" before second draft. 3
- 2 second drafts currently in progress.
- 0 second drafts currently in the hands of "trusted readers."
- 2 third drafts currently in progress.4
- 0 third drafts currently awaiting polishing.
- 0 fourth drafts in currently in progress.
- 9 stories currently submitted to markets.
- 1,400 words in shortest story currently submitted.
- 14,000 words in longest story currently submitted.
- 0 offers of publication received this month.
- Longest current submission without response: 193 days.
1 Best since July, but far from my best overall. But I do feel like I'm in the groove again, and I've got a new fantasy-horror draft nearly finished. I'm excited.
2 I always have a lot of first drafts "in progress," until one of them really grabs me and I work on it obsessively. The new fantasy-horror story mentioned above is all I've touched for days now; it's nearly complete.
3 I employ a six-week "ripening" period for first drafts. That's where the new story will go when the draft is complete.
4 Finally finished of one of them; it's out to markets now.
Oh, and Misfit Mirror, the poetry anthology that includes three of my 60-word drabbles ("Among Strangers," "No Monster" and "No One's Safe") is now in print and available for purchase. It can be ordered from the
Earlyworks Press Site itself, or from Amazon UK.