GUD (Greatest Uncommon Denominator) has bought "Liza's Home", which was one my submission stories for Clarion. It's slated for Issue #5 (Fall, 2009). I shall be shamelessly urging you all to buy it.
I've previously commented on what a nifty magazine GUD is, so you can imagine how delighted I am. It has introduced me to many splended new writers, including some of you. ;)
I'm late in posting my tally for September, so here it is:
- 5,024 new words of fiction written this month. 1
- 21 first drafts currently in progress (some untouched for a long time)
- 5 first drafts currently "ripening" before second draft.
- 0 second drafts currently in progress
- 3 second drafts currently in the hands of "trusted readers."
- 3 third drafts currently in progress.
- 0 third drafts currently awaiting polishing.
- 0 fourth drafts in currently in progress.
- 1 rewrite (at request of editor) currently in progress.
- 9 stories currently submitted to markets
- 100 words in shortest story currently submitted.
- 8,700 words in longest story currently submitted.
- 0 offers of publication received this month.2
- Longest current wait without response: 111 days.
1 Meh. I spent a lot of time in September revising stories, but the start of a new term always throws me off. I seem to be doing better in October, though. Just finished one flash story and started two other stories.
2 I didn't count the GUD sale, because it came in October. ;)