Monthly stats for October:
- 10,182 new words of fiction written this month. 1
- 20 first drafts currently in progress (some untouched for a long time)
- 3 first drafts currently "ripening" before second draft. 2
- 4 second drafts currently in progress
- 2 second drafts currently in the hands of "trusted readers."
- 4 third drafts currently in progress (again, some untouched for a while).
- 0 third drafts currently awaiting polishing.
- 0 fourth drafts in currently in progress.
- 3 rewrites in progress of stories previously sent out, based on comments from friends. 3
- 1 rewrite (at request of editor) currently in progress.
- 10 stories currently submitted to markets
- 130 words in shortest story currently submitted. 4
- 8,700 words in longest story currently submitted.
- 1 offer of publication received this month.5
- Longest current wait without response: 134 days.6
1 Best I've done since Clarion -- and, not counting Clarion, the best I've done since July of '08. Pleased.
2If September was Rewrite Month, October was First Draft Month. A 900-word SF story, an 1,800-word political specfic story, a 3,700-word love story, not to mention some twitterfics. Pleased again.
3I showed three of my already-submitted stories to friends from Clarion, and their comments are causing me to do some serious rewrites.
4This is a collection of twitterfics.
6 An anthology.