The titles are:
- "Before Playing"
- "Imagination's Curse"
- "Too Much Sense"
I'll let you know when I learn the exact dates.
Meanwhile, here's the montly update for August:
- 4,300 new words of fiction written this month. 1
- 14 first drafts currently in progress. 2
- 3 first drafts currently "ripening" before second draft. 3
- 1 second draft currently in progress
- 0 second draft currently in the hands of "trusted readers."
- 1 third draft currently in progress.
- 0 third drafts currently awaiting polishing.
- 0 fourth drafts in currently in progress.
- 7 stories currently submitted to markets
- 1,400 words in shortest story currently submitted.
- 14,000 words in longest story currently submitted.
- 3 offers of publication received this month. 4
1 A very low-productivity month, though not as low as March! The low productivity was expected because of conferences papers, vacations, and other disruptions.
2 I always have a lot of first drafts "in progress," until one of them really grabs me and I work on it obsessively.
3 I employ a six-week "ripening" period for first drafts. Two of the three drafts here are actually ready for revision into second drafts; I just haven't got around to them yet.
4 These are the three drabbles just accepted by Flashshot. Technically I suppose they belong to September, but what the heck.